If you’ve ever logged into NurseFly or even if you’ve just seen our ads, you might be wondering what a Universal Profile actually is.
Well, we’re here to answer that!
A NurseFly Universal Profile is your ticket to thousands of jobs on our platform – from travel to staff. The profile is far more powerful than a resume. It will highlight your experience, host your certifications and other such documents, lay out your education, incorporate your references, and even help you rank your specific skills.
Once complete, you can apply to thousands of incredible jobs with just one click. Plus, a good profile will get noticed by recruiters for the highest paying jobs from around the country. So, if you’re not in a rush, you can sit back and let it do the hard work for you.
What is the Universal Profile?
First, let’s break down the sections of a NurseFly Universal Profile.
The “About Me” section of your profile is the space to tell recruiters who you are and give them some insight into your personality. Think of this as a very short version of a cover letter. Give as much color about your career, hobbies, and goals as possible, all while still keeping it short and sweet.
It is important to add two references for hiring managers to contact during your interview and hiring process. These references should be professional references, and preferably a direct manager or supervisor if possible.
The “Work Experience” section of your profile is imperative. This is where you can highlight your previous jobs: where you worked, what you did and how long you were there. NurseFly makes it SO easy to fill this section out. All you have to do is start typing your facility name, and once NurseFly finds it in the database, most information will autofill. Be sure to include specific duties related to your position in the free-text box. Save your work, and move on to the next entry! Who knew resume building could be so easy!?
Highlighting your education is fundamental. Be sure to include the school, city, state, graduation date, and degree type. This one is fairly self explanatory.
Here is the area to show off all of your accomplishments and hard work. Upload resumes, cover letters, awards–anything that will show recruiters and facilities that you are ready to hit the ground running!
As we all know, license documentation is necessary to be able to work as a healthcare professional. Uploading your license once on NurseFly is so simple, just fill in the required information pertaining to your license, upload a picture or document, and you are good to go!
The certifications section is similar to your license section logistically, but here you have the opportunity to highlight your required certifications as well as any additional education and certifications you have worked so hard for. The more you have, the more you stand out to recruiters!
“Job Search” allows you to specify any preferences you have when looking for your dream job. Here you can indicate whether you like day shift, night shift, or whether you’re flexible; targeted pay; if you are actively looking for a job; start date; preferred locations and requested time off. By filling this out, you’ll be able to match with the right jobs for you.
Your skills checklist is an easy and productive way for recruiters to see your skillset. There are pre-filtered lists for each specialty. We’ll be honest with you: this will take a few minutes, But, we highly recommend it. It is a powerful way to showcase your strengths far and above what a simple resume would do.
Tips & Tricks
Now that we’ve covered the basics, we figured we could also tell you a few of our insider tips and tricks.
- Definitely make sure to include the About Me section. I know we already covered this above, but we just want to drive this point home. It’s such a great way to introduce yourself so that recruiters can get a picture of who you are before they even start chatting with you.
- Add references. Not everyone on NurseFly includes references (even though they should). It’ll make you stand out for competitive, high-paying jobs.
- Select your preferred locations. That way we can send you notifications when jobs that match your favorite places open up. Let us help you land your next contract.
- Upload your photo! This helps recruiters get another sense of who you are.
- Fill out everything that has a red asterisk. This will help alleviate any confusion or blocks to keep you from moving forward in filling out your profile.
- You can download your profile! It will come out in a resume format, which is perfect if your current resume needs a little TLC.